Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of training do I need to get started?
Entry level position Leasehand requires two basic training certificates: H2S Alive, and First Aid.
What kind of work gear will I need?
You will need a number of PPE items to get started in any field position in the oil and gas industry. View the PPE list.
Will I need transport myself to work?
You will be required to transport yourself to your work location
What kind of training will I receive?
You will receive on the job training and the safety certificates required as you progress in your career. The Rig Technician Program is just one of the many training initiatives, please see for more information.
Is there potential to advance within the company?
Tempco offers career advancements to talented and motivated individuals, who wish to excel within our organization
What kind of hours and schedules will I be working?
The hours of work are 12 hours shifts, working on a rotational shift cycle.
Will I need a driver's license?
You must hold a valid driver's license.
What is the pay?
Rates of pay will vary by position, and company. For more information on rates of pay please go to to see the CAODC recommended wages for service and drilling rigs.